The Baden-Württemberg-STIPENDIUM is a program of the Baden-Württemberg Stiftung that serves to promote the international exchange of qualified young people. Funding is available to Baden-Württemberg students who wish to spend an exchange period of study abroad as well as to students from abroad who are studying at a Baden-Württemberg university for a limited period of time. International exchanges are generally based on reciprocity, so partnership agreements between international sponsoring institutions are an important prerequisite. In this way, the Baden-Württemberg-STIPENDIUM as a whole contributes to the global networking of people connected to Baden-Württemberg.
The Baden-Württemberg STIPENDIUM for students, which is awarded by the Baden-Württemberg Foundation, is made available to the state's universities in the form of an annual budget (academic year). The aim of the program is to promote international exchange of students with above-average qualifications within the framework of university cooperation programs by awarding scholarships to incoming and outgoing students (approx. 50% each).
The scholarship budget allocated to the colleges/universities is based on the number of enrolled students per institution.
Students, who have been nominated by a partner university for an exchange period at Ulm University, can apply. Incoming exchange students, who are eligible to apply, will also receive details about the application procedure by email.
Not eligible for funding are:
- Participants in exchange programs that provide for a degree from Ulm University
- Participants in the Erasmus+ program
The selection is based on the following criteria:
- study achievements
- voluntary, social and intercultural engagement
- motivation for studying abroad
- identification with the goals of the Baden-Württemberg foundation
Currently (2022/2023) the monthly funding is 850€.
Scholarships can be awarded for a period of 3-11 months. The scholarship period does not have to correspond to the period of stay.
The application takes place exclusively online via the online portal of the Baden-Württemberg-STIPENDIUM.
The deadlines are:
- March 31st for students who start their period of study at Ulm University between July and December of the current calendar year.
- September 30th for students who start their period of study at Ulm University between January and June of the following calendar year.
The following documents must be uploaded and sent in the online portal of the Baden-Württemberg-STIPENDIUM:
- letter of motivation (German / English)
- tabular CV
- overview of all courses and examinations passed so far
Only applications that have been received in full will be considered. Subsequent submission of documents is not possible.