Accident insurance

As a student in Germany, you are automatically covered by an accident insurance in your university as well as on the way to and from college. The Studierendenwerk provides an additional accident insurance in your leisure time, during work placements or other preparatory activities for your studies outside the university if such an accident leads to disability or death. This also applies for any such activites abroad. More information can be found here (in German only!).

Normally, you also have an accident insurance when you are working during the semester, the semester break or your laboratory courses. These contributions are paid by your employer.

Liability insurance

In addition to health insurance, we recommend taking out a private liability insurance policy. It covers compensations in case of any damages you caused accidentally (e.g. by your bike) or partly the loss of your flat/room key.

If you have any questions concerning health insurance or any other type of insurance in Germany, please contact your International Office or one of the insurance companies in Ulm/Neu-Ulm.