Accident insurance

As a student in Germany you are automatically insured for accidents at your university and while traveling between your home and university.

From the Studierendenwerk you have an additional insurance in your leisure time, during your internship or other preparatory activities for your studies outside your university, also abroad.

You usually also have accident insurance when working during the semester, the semester break or during your lab courses. These contributions are paid by your employer. These contributions are paid by your employer.

Liability insurance

In addition to health insurance we recommend buying a liability insurance. It covers compensations in case of any damages caused by you accidentally or parts of the costs of lost apartment/room keys.

If you have any questions concerning the health insurance and other types of insurances in Germany, please contact your International Office or one of the insurance companies in Ulm/Neu-Ulm.