Parks and Gardens
- The Friedrichsau is a big park in Ulm at the banks of the Danube (tram line 1, stop “Donauhalle“) with a small zoo (the Aquarium), small lakes and many beer gardens. A lot of events take place there (e.g. Ulmer Zelt, Ulmer Volksfest).
- The Glacis Park is a nice park in Neu-Ulm with lakes, playgrounds and a beer garden. There are a lot of cultural and musical events in the summer, which are always free. You can also find the Wasserturm (water tower) of Neu-Ulm there.
- The Botanical Garden of Ulm University includes green houses, an Apothekergarten (pharmacy garden) and a beer garden.
- Donaubad Ulm/Neu-Ulm GmbH
Wiblingerstraße 55, 89231 Neu-Ulm, https://www.donaubad.de/ (only in German!)
Indoor water park with outside section and open air swimming pool in summer time
- Bad Blau
Boschstraße 12, 89134 Blaustein, www.badblau.de (only in German!)
Indoor water park with outside section
Moltkestraße 30, 89077 Ulm, Link (only in German!)
Low priced municipal indoor swimming pool.
- Hallenbad Neu Ulm
Kantstraße 4, 89231 Neu-Ulm, Link (only in German!)
Low priced municipal indoor swimming pool
- Baggerseen (artificial lakes)
Around Ulm, there are a few artificial lakes like the Pfuhler See (Neu-Ulm Pfuhl), the Ludwigsfelder See (Neu-Ulm Ludwigsfeld) and the Waldsee Senden. These lakes are located in the beautiful nature, free of charge and are used by many people for swimming. The best way to reach these lakes is by bicycle or car.
Places for day trips or a weekend away
- Blaubeuren is a small town 20 km west of Ulm and has Germany’s biggest karstic spring source, the "Blautopf" as well as a medieval monastery. www.blaubeuren.de/de/Tourismus (mostly in German, some information available in English)
- The Wiblingen Monastery is a former Benedictine monastery and has a beautiful baroque library. www.kloster-wiblingen.de
- The Swabian Alb offers beautiful landscape, many caves and a lot of castles. www.schwaebischealb.de (only in German!)
- Lake Constance (Bodensee) is Germany’s biggest lake and can be reached within one hour by train or car. www.bodensee.de (only in German!)
- The Allgäu Alps offer excellent skiing and hiking opportunities. They can be reached within 1 hour. www.allgaeu.de (only in German!)
You can find more interesting information about the region on the website of the federal state of Baden-Württemberg: www.bw-jetzt.de (only in German!)
A search engine provides information on universities and other educational institutions, lakes and skiing areas nearby, the most beautiful hiking tours and the best bars and restaurants of Baden-Württemberg. You can also find current real estate and job offers as well as cultural events in the area.