The Science City of Ulm is exemplary in Germany. It greatly illustrates the chain of knowledge from education to research to practical application. The Science City – situated on top of the Oberer Eselsberg at around 600 metres above sea level – connects the University campus with the University Hospital, external research institutes and companies that conduct research and development. The physical proximity facilitates a tight integration of research, development and practical application of new products.
The Science City is home to these partner institutions:
- IDT - Institute of Diabetes Technology
- IKT - Institute for Clinical Transfusion Medicine and Immunogenetics Ulm
- IMM - Institut für Medienforschung und Medienentwicklung
- HIU - Helmholtz Institute Ulm
- ILM - Institute of Laser Technology in Medicine and Measurement Technique
- ZSW - Centre for Solar Energy and Hydrogen Research Baden-Württemberg
However, the Science City has much more to offer:
- Botanical Garden
- University Hospital
- RKU - University and Rehabilitation Hospital Ulm
- BWK - Bundeswehrkrankenhaus (military hospital)
- Hochschule Ulm (University of Applied Sciences Ulm)
Further information is available on the website of the City of Ulm on the Science City.