Dates by arrangement. Please send us an email.
Writing is a process that involves much more than just putting pen to paper. From the first vague idea to the final polish and everything in between, that is writing. Exchanging ideas and experiences with others can be very helpful for students, their development as writer and their work. Our workshops and consultations aim to introduce students to instruments and techniques that empower them to find answers and solutions to their specific problems, uncertainties and challenges when it comes to writing academic texts.
The ZSB writing support offers the following:
- We come together for a workshop (min. 3 participants, approx. 4h), followed by a one-on-one consultation.
- We discuss your work and questions around academic writing without pressure and obligation.
- We will work on a specific writing task, e.g. a particular project.
- We map realistic work steps and action plans (writing project management).
- We discuss typical challenges with writing, e.g. writer's block, and work together to find solutions.
- We will learn reading and writing strategies and techniques (free writing, clustering, mind mapping, academic journalling).
- We offer tips on spelling, grammar and punctuation.
What we don't do...
- Make suggestions on contents or topics, give recommendations on sources and literature or research methods (you can discuss these with lecturers and academic advisors).
- We do not read your work from beginning to end. Instead, we help you help yourself.
- We do not proof-read.
- We do not give extra lessons on spelling, grammar or punctuation.