Higher semesters Dentistry
Vacant places are given to applicants with respective levels of education and study times that are in accordance with the semester they apply for. The allocation of places is carried out in the following order:
- applicants who are admitted to the first semester at Ulm University and have applied for a higher semester at the same time;
- candidates switching universities/resuming studies - applicants who are/were definitively and fully admitted in Dentistry at a German or other higher education institution in one of the EU Member States;
- lateral entrants - other applicants.
If not stated otherwise, please attach single copies of the following documents to your online application:
· application form (original);
· if the higher education entrance qualification was obtained in Germany, please submit copies of any of the following certificates that apply to you:
- Abitur/general German higher education entrance qualification with or without intermediate/advanced proficiency certificate in Latin
- subject-specific higher education entrance qualification,
- university of applied science entrance qualification,
- delta exam (Deltaprüfung),
- professional qualification,
- please note: the certificate of the general German higher education entrance qualification (Abitur) without intermediate/advanced Latin proficiency certificate does not need to be provided;
· if the higher education entrance qualification was not obtained in Germany:
- higher education entrance qualification (whatever kind) plus copy of a certified translation into German or English,
- proof of the required German language proficiency (e.g. DSH-2, TestDaF 4x4, Goethe-Zertifikat C2, higher education entrance assessment examination),
- German nationals please also submit the following: certificate of recognition issued by the Regierungspräsidium (regional administrative authority) for any foreign education certificates,
- applicants from China, Mongolia and Vietnam: the original of the APS certificate;
· copy of your letter of admission from the Trust for Admission to Higher Education (Stiftung für Hochschulzulassung) or from the higher education institution in Germany or abroad respectively (independent of the issue date);
· certificate of enrolment with declaration of the degree programme, the number of semesters in the programme and if this enrolment is definitive, preliminary or restricted;
· certificates of achievement/transcript of records;
· examination certificates (intermediate science exam and/or intermediate dentistry exam) if applicable;
· applicants who change university from EU Member States and lateral entrants: copy of the confirmation of credit transfer issued by a Federal State Examination Office (Landesprüfungsamt);
· applicants who change university: proof regarding social criteria (e.g. severely disabled ID card, certificate of residency together with husband/wife/child(ren), detailed explanation plus certificates regarding change of study location) if applicable.
Only those certificates of study achievements (transcript of records, certificates of achievement, confirmation of credit transfer, intermediate science exam certificate, intermediate dentistry exam certificate) which the applicant has not yet received by the end of the application period can be handed in until 15 September for winter semester applications and until 15 March for summer semester applications. The proof of German language proficiency and all other documents as listed above must be received by Ulm University by the application cut-off date.
The study curriculum of Ulm University is decisive for applicant ranking. An applicant's rank directly correlates to the amount of their relevant study and exam achievements. From semester 3 and 5 respectively, exam results become an additional primary selection criterion. In case of equal ranks, the next deciding factors are the number of semesters in the programme and then the overall grade in the higher education entrance qualification/Abitur. If ranks are still equal, the final decision is made by lottery.
Contact Federal State Examination Office Dentistry
The responsible Federal State Examination Office for international applicants with current permanent residency abroad is:
Landesprüfungsamt für akademische Heilberufe - Referat 720
Phone: +49 361 3773 7309
The responsible Federal State Examination Office for international applicants with permanent residency in Germany is:
Postfach 80 07 09
Phone: +49 711 904 39701
Applicants who are/were enrolled in Dentistry at a German university need to send their application to the Federal State Examination Office responsible for their place of enrolment.
Applicants who are/were not enrolled in Dentistry at a German university need to send their application to the Federal State Examination Office responsible for their place of primary residence.
You can access the websites of the individual Federal State Examination Offices (Landesprüfungsämter) here.