Master of Sciene in Economics and Management
Applications (including all supporting documents) must be submitted in paper form and received by Ulm University, Albert-Einstein-Allee 5, 89081 Ulm by the application cut-off date. Ulm University does not accept applications and supporting documents/certificates sent by email.
You qualify for the admission procedure with a bachelor's degree in Management and Economics or another programme with largely equivalent content. Valid proofs of exam results are:
- a bachelor's degree with an overall final grade of 2.7 or better;
- if you do not have a bachelor's degree yet, the exam results obtained up to the application cut-off date with overall ECTS points of at least 140 and an overall grade of 2.7 or better.
An eligible study programme in Management and Economics or another study programme with largely equivalent content means a bachelor's degree with examination results as follows:
- a minimum of 15 credit points (ECTS) in Mathematics/Statistics;
- a minimum of 36 credit points in Business Management/Administration and Macroeconomics, with at least 12 credit points in Business Management/Administration and at least 12 credit points in Macroeconomics.
For further requirements and admission procedures please see the admission statute.
If the number of candidates who fulfil the above stated criteria exceeds the total number of available places, selection will be made by the level of qualification, which is determined by the overall grade in the bachelor's degree/the overall grade of the examination results attained up to the application cut-off date. In cases of equal scores, the decision is made by lottery.
If not stated otherwise, please attach single copies of the following documents to your online application:
- application form (original);
- data protocol (protocol of the online application);
if you have completed a higher education degree: bachelor’s degree certificate or a degree which is recognised as equivalent at the level of at least three years of study in Management and Economics or in a related programme, as well as a transcript of records issued by the higher education institution stating subjects, grades and credit points;
- if you have not yet completed your higher education degree: transcript of records issued by the higher education institution stating all study achievements and exam results, including subjects and grades as well as a preliminary overall grade and overall credit points (ECTS/CP) obtained up to the application cut-off date;
- CV in tabular form;
- form for additional subject-specific details;
- for claims of hardship: proof of exceptional case of hardship (detailed explanation and supporting documents);
- for name changes: certificate of name change;
- if the study qualifications were not obtained at a German-speaking institution or were not taught in German, additional documentation is required:
- copy of the original certificates and copy of the certified translations into German or English, as well as grading system of the foreign institution;
- for applicants with Chinese, Mongolian, Vietnamese degree: the original of the APS certificate;
- certificate of sufficient German language proficiency (e.g. DSH-2, TestDaF 4 x 4, telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule, higher education entrance assessment examination, German higher education entrance qualification).
In previous allocation procedures the selection thresholds were as follows:
In the summer semester 2018 at 2.5
In the winter semester 2017/18 at 2.4
In the summer semester 2017 at 2.3
In the winter semester 2016/17 at 2.2
In the summer semester 2016 at 2.4
In the winter semester 2015/16 at 2.3
In the summer semester 2015 at 2.5
In the winter semester 2014/15 at 2.4
In the summer semester 2014 at 2.6
As of summer semester 2017, the final grade or the submitted average grade can be raised under certain circumstances. The grade documented by the time of application is raised by 0.1 grade points per 5 credit points (ECTS) exceeding the required 15 credit points shown to have been earned by the student in programme modules in the area of mathematics/statistics. The grade can be raised by not more than 0.4 grade points.