Equipment rental (multimedia)
Service category: Media
The service includes the rental of media equipment: cameras, tripods, microphones, loudspeakers with built-in amplifiers, sound recorders, beamers, a large monitor, accessories for video conferences via the Internet, cables, adapters, etc.
- Advice on specific needs
- Devices can be issued at the University East (N25, room 1109) or at the Library Central Office (room 2.101) by appointment.
- If required, instruction will be given.
- For more complex requirements, on-site installation by kiz staff is possible in university rooms. The prerequisite for this is the availability of the room, which the user must ensure himself/herself, e.g. by reserving a lecture hall for an appropriate installation period (incl. testing and handover).
- The kiz is not responsible for looking after the equipment during the event.
- If the kiz is unable to meet the demand for equipment on loan from its own stock, it may be necessary to rent equipment externally. The resulting costs will be passed on to the users.
- A webcam and a microphone/speaker combination with echo suppression can be provided on loan for conducting video conferences at the workplace via the Internet.
- Facilities of the University of Ulm for official purposes
- Facilities of the hospital with cost centre and for purposes of research and teaching
Mon - Thurs 09:00 - 15:30, Fri 09:00 - 12:00 and by arrangement
A reservation request is required to use the service. This should preferably be made via the corresponding online form. Requests from university users will be prioritised over other users.
Fee / Charge
The loan of the equipment itself will not be invoiced if it is in the kiz's own stock. However, the costs incurred in the form of working time, in particular preparation, installation on site if necessary and instruction, inspection on return etc. will be invoiced. These expenses will be invoiced in accordance with the kiz schedule of fees and charges and the kiz list of fees and charges.
Costs for equipment that has to be rented from external providers will be charged to the user's cost centre, if necessary with a surcharge according to the kiz's list of charges.
Communication and Information Centre (kiz)
Please contact us if you have questions or problems related to the kiz services:
Monday - Thursday
09:00 h - 12:00 h and 13:00 h - 15:30 h
Friday 09:00 h - 12:00 h
+49 (0) 731 / 50 - 30000
+49 (0) 731 / 50 - 1230000
Research in the library stock: monographs, textbooks, magazines, university publications, e-books, e-journals, national licenses, and the contents of the institutional repository OPARU.