Set up Thunderbird
In the following we will show you how to configure the Thunderbird programme for the @uni-ulm.de email address.
- Step 1 to step 4 cover the initial setup of the mail client.
- Steps 5, 6 and 7 show how you can subsequently change individual parameters to ensure the correct settings for the incoming mail server and the outgoing mail server, e.g. also to ensure authentication at the outgoing server.
- From step 8 onwards it is explained how you can integrate the university address book.
- Open Thunderbird
- Under Create New Account, click Email.
- Next, click Skip and use my existing email address.
- Fill in the fields with your first and last name, with your @uni-ulm.de address and the corresponding kiz-Basis account password.
- Click on Next.
An already completely filled-in window appears with the required settings.
- Now click on Done to complete the configuration.
To make changes to the settings, ...
- click on the symbol with the 3 lines.
- Then click on the item Settings... .
- Under Account Settings... you will find an overview of all setting options.
You can adjust the server settings as follows:
- Under Account Settings, click Server Settings.
- Here you can see your mail server, your user name, etc.
You can adjust the SMTP server settings as follows:
- Under Account Settings, click Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP).
- Here you will see your mail server, your user name, etc. You can change this data using the Edit... button. button.
- In particular, set Password, Normal as the authentication method.
To integrate the university address book, ...
- ... click on Compose and Address in the account settings.
- Then click on Edit.
- Now click on Add.
A window appears in which you can enter your address data.
- Fill in the fields as shown in the picture.
- Then click on OK.
If you now write an e-mail and enter the name of the recipient, the e-mail address will be filled in automatically.
Communication and Information Centre (kiz)
Please contact us if you have questions or problems related to the kiz services:
Monday - Thursday
09:00 h - 12:00 h and 13:00 h - 15:30 h
Friday 09:00 h - 12:00 h
+49 (0) 731 / 50 - 30000
+49 (0) 731 / 50 - 1230000
Research in the library stock: monographs, textbooks, magazines, university publications, e-books, e-journals, national licenses, and the contents of the institutional repository OPARU.