Set up Outlook
In the following, we will show you how to configure the Outlook programme for the @uni-ulm.de email address.
- Steps 1 to 3 cover the initial set-up of the mail client.
- Steps 4 and 5 show how to call up the account settings to be able to change individual parameters subsequently, for example - cf. steps 6 and 7 - to ensure authentication at the outgoing mail server in the SMTP server settings.
- From step 8 onwards it is explained how you can integrate the university address book.
- When you start Outlook, this window appears.
- Click on Next.
- Enter your name, your @uni-ulm.de email address with the corresponding password.
- Then click on Next.
- Wait a moment and then click Finish.
You will receive a Microsoft Outlook test message via e-mail that your account settings are correct. If you do not receive an e-mail test message, please check the firewall settings of your computer. Port 587 must be enabled.
To be able to subsequently change individual parameters in the e-mail account, ...
- ... click on File in the top right-hand corner.
- Move your cursor to Account settings and click on the window that appears, which is also called Account settings.
In the e-mail accounts window ...
- ... select the e-mail account in question and click Change.
In the Internet e-mail settings window you will see a summary of the necessary parameters:
- Name, e-mail address
- Account type: IMAP
- Incoming mail server: imap.uni-ulm.de
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): mail.uni-ulm.de
- Username: E-mail address
- Password: ********
- "Login using SPA ..." is not activated
You can make detailed adjustments via the Further settings button ...
The other settings should look as follows:
- Advanced tab:
- Incoming mail server (IMAP): 993, SSL
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): 587, STARTTLS
- Outgoing mail server tab:
- The Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Use same settings as for incoming mail server
Communication and Information Centre (kiz)
Please contact us if you have questions or problems related to the kiz services:
Monday - Thursday
09:00 h - 12:00 h and 13:00 h - 15:30 h
Friday 09:00 h - 12:00 h
+49 (0) 731 / 50 - 30000
+49 (0) 731 / 50 - 1230000
Order a Callback
Support Portal (Uni internal)
Using self-service functions of the Identity Management System (IDM): Administer permissions, subscribe to services, change passwords.
Research in the library stock: monographs, textbooks, magazines, university publications, e-books, e-journals, national licenses, and the contents of the institutional repository OPARU.
With about 400 keywords you will get direct access to our services. If something isn't listed, please contact our Internet Editorial Office.