Set up Outlook
In the following, we will show you how to configure the Outlook programme for the @uni-ulm.de email address.
- Steps 1 to 3 cover the initial set-up of the mail client.
- Steps 4 and 5 show how to call up the account settings to be able to change individual parameters subsequently, for example - cf. steps 6 and 7 - to ensure authentication at the outgoing mail server in the SMTP server settings.
- From step 8 onwards it is explained how you can integrate the university address book.
- When you start Outlook, this window appears.
- Click on Next.
- Enter your name, your @uni-ulm.de email address with the corresponding password.
- Then click on Next.
- Wait a moment and then click Finish.
You will receive a Microsoft Outlook test message via e-mail that your account settings are correct. If you do not receive an e-mail test message, please check the firewall settings of your computer. Port 587 must be enabled.
To be able to subsequently change individual parameters in the e-mail account, ...
- ... click on File in the top right-hand corner.
- Move your cursor to Account settings and click on the window that appears, which is also called Account settings.
In the e-mail accounts window ...
- ... select the e-mail account in question and click Change.
In the Internet e-mail settings window you will see a summary of the necessary parameters:
- Name, e-mail address
- Account type: IMAP
- Incoming mail server: imap.uni-ulm.de
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): mail.uni-ulm.de
- Username: E-mail address
- Password: ********
- "Login using SPA ..." is not activated
You can make detailed adjustments via the Further settings button ...
The other settings should look as follows:
- Advanced tab:
- Incoming mail server (IMAP): 993, SSL
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): 587, STARTTLS
- Outgoing mail server tab:
- The Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Use same settings as for incoming mail server
Communication and Information Centre (kiz)
Please contact us if you have questions or problems related to the kiz services:
Monday - Thursday
09:00 h - 12:00 h and 13:00 h - 15:30 h
Friday 09:00 h - 12:00 h
+49 (0) 731 / 50 - 30000
+49 (0) 731 / 50 - 1230000
Research in the library stock: monographs, textbooks, magazines, university publications, e-books, e-journals, national licenses, and the contents of the institutional repository OPARU.