Profile of department
The department Service Management & Organization consolidates the previously separate organizational units Administrative Office and Help Desk and the two staff positions Service Management and Strategic Planning & Marketing under one roof. The head of the department also integrates the function of the former administrator. The department is responsible for the service management and the organization and management of administrative tasks in kiz. It works closely with all other departments of the kiz and with the Universities' central administration.
The tasks include in particular:
- Service Management: Modeling and management of service processes (particularly with ITIL standard.), service lifecycle management, quality assurance and quality management of service processes, escalation management. Follow the latest technical and organizational concepts to optimize service facilities, their analysis, adaptation and development for the interests of the kiz. Operating a service desk for users of the kiz, with a central point of contact, which provides a rapid and competent handling of incidents and requests within a kiz-wide standardized workflows.
- Information security: Development and updating of an information security management system (ISMS) for the implementation of recommendations of the BSI IT-Grundschutz (BSI basic protection)
- Human Resources: HR planning, job management, personnel development, personnel administration in cooperation with the Department III ZUV (recruitment, retention, promotion / higher groupings, job descriptions) for about 160 employees
- Finance: Financial planning of federal and other budgets, controlling, reporting and documentation requirements in cooperation with the Department IV ZUV
- Legal: Development of statutes and regulations, legal issues in relation to the services of the kiz (eg copyright, telecommunications) in cooperation with the Department I ZUV
- Marketing: Customer relationship management and external communication, internal communication, reporting, customer surveys (performing surveys by qualified social science methodology, systematic evaluation and derivation of guiding recommendations)