Service category: Library use
With a reference collection, professors and academic staff in particular have the opportunity to place literature from the library collection that is important for their research at their workplace in the institute. However, reference collections can also be set up for non-academic institutions.
On request (order in the library catalogue), borrowing of media that are on a reference collection in an institute is also possible for other customers.
- Unlimited loan period (permanent loan) of the media in the reference library for the institution that requested the reference library. The media remain in the possession of the kiz. The media must be returned if the institution leaves the service or is dissolved.
- Purchase requests for reference collection are accepted and processed by the Acquisition of Information Media via the normal course of business (online form). If desired, the purchase can also be made from the Institute's funds.
- Acquisition and indexing of media. Also of media acquired by the Institute from its own funds.
- Holdings in reference collection are listed in the library catalogue and can be ordered for loan or consultation by all registered users.
- When a medium is requested for another user, the institution for which the reference collection was set up decides whether the medium can be borrowed and, if so, for how long or whether only on-site consultation is granted.
- Borrowed media are managed by the kiz in the normal course of business, reminded or replaced if lost.
- In the event of loss of a medium for which the institution to which the reference collection is assigned is responsible, the institution must pay compensation to the kiz.
- The size of a reference library is limited to approx. 100 titles. A significant exceeding of this limit must be justified to the kiz.
- At the request of the institute, an inventory list of the media in the reference collection will be drawn up.
Institutions of the University of Ulm and their employees
Processing of applications for changes as well as for the installation of handsets:
Mon - Thurs 09:00 - 15:30h, Fri 09:00 - 12:00h
The establishment of a new reference collection is applied for informally by the respective head of institution to the Head of the Informationmedia Department.
Fee / Charge
No fees or charges will be made for the service.
Communication and Information Centre (kiz)
Please contact us if you have questions or problems related to the kiz services:
Monday - Thursday
09:00 h - 12:00 h and 13:00 h - 15:30 h
Friday 09:00 h - 12:00 h
+49 (0) 731 / 50 - 30000
+49 (0) 731 / 50 - 1230000
Research in the library stock: monographs, textbooks, magazines, university publications, e-books, e-journals, national licenses, and the contents of the institutional repository OPARU.