The Service Point Publication Management gives advice on all topics related with your publications.
Doctoral dissertations and habilitations are subject to mandatory deposit with the Library according to §§ 14-16 DNBG (Law of the German National Library). Bachelor-, Master- and Diploma-Theses are only published by recommendation of the advisors. For more information, please contact the Dissertation Office.
Submitting and Publishing of Dissertations
Quick guide to publishing your dissertation in four steps:
- Please read our factsheet including a checklist. There are several options you may choose from. You will find them listed in our factsheet. You will find further information in the Regulations for Doctoral Studies.
- Please start a printing- and binding-order (eKladde) for your dissertation. Your dissertation should be printed and binded at kiz. Please log in to the eKladde with your kiz-account. If you don't have a kiz-account, please order your copies directly via the Service-Point Printing Services.
Medical dissertations are eligible for subsidized printing, provided the student completes the dissertation during his/studies and the order is placed through kiz. This service is financed through tuition fees. You can also order copies for your own use and finally collect them at the Service Point printing services.
- Please submit your dissertation to OPARU. If you choose to publish your dissertation digitally (see options under 1.), please use OPARU, Ulm University's institutional repository. Please read the information section on how to publish and legal issues and start publishing by logging in with your kiz account. If you do not have a kiz account you can register for the service.
- Please fill in the Dissertation Declaration Form and sign it. If you have chosen to publish your dissertation digitally please submit the Abgabeerklärung to the Service-Point Publication Management. You can submit it by telefax, scanned via e-mail or via mail. For more information, please contact the Service-Point Publication Management.
Publishing Open Access
Communication and Information Centre (kiz)
Service Points are locations where you can visit us personally.
kiz from A to Z
more about: university publications
Publications, Copyright Regulations
Telefon: +49 (0)731 / 50 - 22490
Self-Archiving, Copyright Regulations
Telefon: +49 (0)731 / 50 - 31459
orders & applications
- Printing order/eKladde
- Search request (Dissertations)
instructions & guidelines
Nice to know
Link to external portals listing published dissertations: