Service Category: Email, Calender & Collaboration
The service can be used to set up and manage mailing lists. These mailing lists are usually used in a closed group of recipients to implement the easy-to-use option of either two-way communication (e.g. working group) or one-way communication (e.g. sending newsletters). After initial set-up, the owner of the list and persons authorised by him have a large range of self-administration options for their lists.
- Configuration or control of the lists either with web frontend or via email commands
- Assigning the setup of new lists
- Choice between different list profiles, each with specific options (e.g. discussion, news letter, working group or project group)
- Archive function
- Addressing of lists in the form"[list name]@lists.uni-ulm.de"
- Digest in wahlweisen Intervallen
- RSS feed for each list
- Removing obsolete lists
- Manage subscribers (add, change, delete)
- Edit list properties (e.g. send/receive, privileges)
- List maintenance (e.g. deleting unreachable subscribers)
Any kiz user can request the creation of a mailing list. External students without a kiz account can be admitted in exceptional cases, if the relationship to the university is sufficiently large. The decision about it is made by the kiz. You can subscribe to a list using any valid e-mail address, provided that the owner does not restrict the subscription option (for example, closed lists).
24 x 7 x 365
The service can be used without a separate request, provided a valid kiz account is available. External users apply for access to the kiz. The creation of a new list will be checked by the listmaster of the kiz (name of the list, permissible use) and then activated by the user.
Charges / Fee
No fees will be charged for the service.
Communication and Information Centre (kiz)
Service Points are locations where you can visit us personally.
kiz from A to Z