For more news, information and materials about e-learning at university of Ulm, please visit the E-Learning-Portal of kiz and ZLE.
Learning Platform (Moodle)
Service category: Teaching & Learning Support
Moodle is a central learning platform for teachers and learners. Moodle accompanies attendance lectures and extends them with online modules. In addition, Moodle can be used for pure online teaching and also as a workgroup system for research and working groups.
- Storage and provision of files and multimedia (learning) content
- Assessment tools (task, test, sample solutions, evaluations, follow-up, ...)
- Organizational tools (grouping, scheduler, attendance management, ...)
- Communication tools (forum, messaging system, virtual seminar rooms, ...)
- Collaboration tools (voting, feedback, workshop, ...)
- Structured (learning) content collection and provision (Wiki, database, learning package, glossary, ...)
- Sophisticated plug-in architecture for the integration of additional functions
- Members of the University of Ulm or all persons who have a kiz account.
24 x 7 x 365
Announced maintenance every Wednesday 7:30 - 8:30 clock, regular downtime usually <5 min.
- No separate application is required to use the service. After the first login with the kiz account, a profile is created in Moodle. After this, you can use the kiz account to access various content in Moodle and enroll in courses (student role).
- Lecturer rights and new Moodle courses are applied for via the course catalogue.
There are no fees and charges for the service. The implementation of feature requests, which are desired by users and whose implementation is generally supported by the kiz, may cause one-time implementation costs and permanent maintenance costs in long-term operation. Under certain circumstances, these costs may be invoiced in full or in part. The exact conditions depend on the individual case.
Communication and Information Centre (kiz)
Please contact us if you have questions or problems related to the kiz services:
Monday - Thursday
09:00 h - 12:00 h and 13:00 h - 15:30 h
Friday 09:00 h - 12:00 h
+49 (0) 731 / 50 - 30000
+49 (0) 731 / 50 - 1230000
Research in the library stock: monographs, textbooks, magazines, university publications, e-books, e-journals, national licenses, and the contents of the institutional repository OPARU.
In cooperation with the kiz the Center for Teaching Development provides several handouts and support services for online teaching:
In addition, you will have the opportunity to talk directly to experts about your online teaching in our joint consultation hours: